Thread Painted Floral Bouquet


Here is the finished thread painted quilt. I quilted this quilt on my domestic sewing machine because I have a customer quilt on the longarm and didn't want to take if off at this stage. This quilt is small enough to handle on the domestic machine without too much trouble, but I still prefer to use my longarm.
The wheat stems are hand embroidered after the quilting was done.
I used Sharon Schamber's method of applying the binding. It makes binding so much easier for me. And since I use a glue basting method to construct my landscape quilts, Sharon's binding method fits right in with my bag of quilting tricks.
Tomorrow I'm back to working on the longarm. I have a Glorified 9-Patch on the machine right now that I'm quilting with a pantograph. I don't quilt with pantos very much since the majority of my customers want custom/heirloom work, so it's a nice change for me.
Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting