Fabric Postcards

I took some time this weekend to make fabric postcards for an exchange on Valerie Hearder's yahoo groups. I made a set of 4 to begin with. They were very basic, very plain. So I got out my Prismacolor pencils and played. Three of these cards are show in the photo - the 2 on the top and the middle right-hand card.

The next day I decided to get brave and try some thread painting. Since I had already finished the first 4 postcards and they were already backed, I started over. The last 4 postcards in the photo are the latest ones. I put a tree in each landscape and thread painted the leaves. I used a zigzag stitch in 3 of the trees and a straight stitch in the one on the bottom left-hand side.

I used Peltex for the base fabric and finished the edges of the cards with a statin stitch.

If you want instructions on making fabric postcards, here are a couple of links:
1. Red Shoe Ramblins
2. Sew Fun Patterns
3. ArBee Designs
4. Needlepointers.com

This was a fun project, and one I'm going to try again. This can become addictive!

Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting