Grand Canyon Quilts

Here are 2 quilts I made from the same photo of the Grand Canyon's North Rim.

This one was my first attempt. After it was all appliqued, I decided I needed to break up the right lower corner a bit more.

So I changed the landscape a bit and used different fabrics all around. I'm still contemplating adding some foliage to the right lower corner. The first quilt had too much green - this one not enough.
I was considering donating one of these quilts to AAQI, but I'm still not happy with either one. They are too large, also, so they would have to be cut down. I went ahead and sent the other 2 quilts in yesterday. If I ever get one of these to where I'm happy with them, I'll send one of them in.
Now to find the time to work on them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting