Easy Crochet Doily



This was a simple doily that gives big impact. I haven't added the final round yet, that will give a picot edge to the piece. This pattern is on Craft Bits, project 168.

Ideas for quilting doilies applied to a quilt: I've done this once and it worked out well. I outlined the doilies and did minimal quilting in only some areas of the the doily. Like the doily above - I would quilt around the center wheel-type section just where the pattern changes to the the loop pattern.

Another thing you can do is to apply tulle over the doily blocks and then quilt anyway you would like. Just slow down a bit if you are machine quilting since you will be quilting through thicker layers.

Comments

Tennye said…
Thanks for the hints, I will keep them in mind.
Tennye

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting