Kitchen Rehab


I've been wanting to tile my kitchen backsplash ever since we moved into this house. This weekend I finally bit the bullet and got the job not only started, but completed! Once I got started, the tiles went up fairly quickly. The grouting went even faster.

DD#1 helped me pick out the tiles. I originally went for a bisque colored field tile with brown glass tiles in the 1" size, but DD#1 convinced me to switch to the white and black. I think this was the right choice for this kitchen. My biggest complaint has always been that this kitchen is too brown - brown wood floor, brown cabinets, and brown wall paint. It made me depressed everytime I walked into the kitchen. The bisque and brown tiles would have only added to the brown color that I don't like in the first place.

There is still a lot of work to be done in the kitchen. I painted it yellow 2 years ago, but it could use a fresh coat of paint. I also need to refinish the cabinets and add some hardware. The cabinets are 20 years old and are showing their age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting