Budget Makeover

I've been working on our master bedroom with a budget makeover. DH and I really like to browse through antique shops, flea markets, and thrift shops. A few weeks ago, we found this wingback chair at an antique mall for $35. It was comfortable, clean, and small enough to fit through our bedroom door. Our master bedroom is large and is just begging for a sitting area.

The original plan was to slipcover this chair in an neutral color, but the longer it sat in the room, the more the colors in the chair grew on me. So I have held off on the slipcover for now, and the next antiquing trip I started looking at things with the same colors.

This is a tablecloth about 52" square and was $11. It's a bit brighter than the chair, but I love it.



This is another tablecloth I found for $12. The aqua colors match the ligher colors in the chair. I haven't decided what I'll do with either tablecloth yet.


Then, I started looking for fabrics in the shops to make toss pillows. I also found some cream colored curtains on sale and installed them. I may trim them out with one of the fabrics above to add a bit more color. The walls will be painted soon, and I have a vintage chair of my grandmothers that will need to be upholstered to fit the new color palate.

I'm still looking for nightstands and an area rug. Looks like a few more antique shopping trips are on the schedule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting