Vintage Hexagon Quilt

We took last Saturday off from working around the house to visit an antique mall that we hadn't been to before. I came home with this quilt top! Dating it isn't straight forward, but it does have a lot of 1930's fabrics in it, and possibly some 1920's. The solid blue triangles I am not able to date.

The quilt is hand pieced and doesn't use a foundation fabric. Luckily for me it is fairly square. I currently have this top on my quilting machine waiting to be quilted. Hopefully I will get to it later next week when I'm over the worst of this cold.

I posted a You Tube video of some designs I tried out using a piece of tablecloth plastic as an overlay on the top and a dry erase marker. You can view the video below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Log Cabin

Zipper Leader Tutorial - Part 1

Glue Basting